Can I Travel Outside the U.S.?

F-1 Students

Students may leave the United States and be readmitted after absences of three weeks or less (Public High School). Upon your return to the United States, you should provide immigration inspectors with:

•   A valid passport.

•   A valid F-1 entry visa stamped in the passport (if necessary).

•   A current (original) USCIS Form I-20 ID (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status - for Academic and Language Students) signed by your appropriate school official (you should have the appropriate school official sign your USCIS Form I-20 each time you wish to temporarily travel outside the United States).

•   Proof of your financial support.

When making your travel plans, please remember that you must be a full-time student to keep your F-1 student status.