RSS Feeds

District Sets Prices for Free/Reduced Breakfast, Lunch

ANAHEIM UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT AND ANAHEIM CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT have announced their policy for providing free and reduced-price meals for children served under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program.


Anaheim Union High School District will provide breakfast and lunch based on eligibility.  Full price for breakfast will be Sl.75 and full price for lunch will be $3.00. Anaheim Elementary School District will provide breakfast at no charge and lunch based on eligibility with full price for lunch at $3.00. Each school and/or the central office has a copy of the policy, which may be reviewed by any interested party.

The household size and income criteria will be used to determine eligibility for free, reduced-price, or full­ price meal benefits. Children from households whose income is at or below certain levels are eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Children who receive Food Stamp, California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) benefits are automatically eligible regardless of the income of the household in which they reside.

Eligibility for a foster child is based solely on the child's income.

Application forms are being distributed with a letter informing households of the availability of free and reduced-price meals for their children. Applications are also at the office in each school. You or your children do not have to be a US citizen to qualify for free or reduced priced meals. To apply for free or reduced-price meals, households must complete the application and return it to the school. Applications may be submitted at any time during the school year. The information households provide on the application will be used to determine meal eligibility and may be verified at any time during the school year by school or program officials.

Requirements for school officials to determine eligibility for free and reduced-price benefits are as follows: , For households receiving Food Stamp, CalW ORKs, KinG AP, or FDPIR benefits - applications need only include the enrolled child(ren)'s name , Food Stan1p, CalWORKs, KinGAP , or FDPIR case number , and the signature of an adult household member. For households who do not list a Food Stamp, CalWORKs, KinGAP or FDPIR case number , the application must include the names of all household members , the amount and source of the income received by each household member , and the signature and last four digits of corresponding social security number of an adult household member ; if the household member who signs the application does not have a social security number, the household member must indicate that a social security number is not available.

Under the provisions of the free and reduced-price policy, the determining official(s), as designated by the sponsor/agency, shall review applications and determine eligibility. Parents or guardians dissatisfied with the ruling of the official may discuss the decision with the determining official on an informal basis.

Parents may also make a formal request for a hearing on the decision and may do so orally or in writing with the sponsor/agency's hearing official. Parents or guardians should contact their child(ren)'s school(s) for specific information regarding the name of the determining official and/or hearing official for a specific school, agency, or district.

If a household member becomes unemployed or if the household size increases, the household should contact the school. Such changes may make the children of the household eligible for benefits if the household ' s income falls at or below the levels shown.

Households receiving assistance under Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), CalFresh, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) for their children and, if applicable, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) (SNAP, TANF, FDPIR are referred to as Assistance Programs) or, if their children are considered Other Source Categorically Eligible (i.e. , children categorized as homeless , runaway , migrant, in Head Start Programs and, as applicable. Foster children), if known, will be notified of their eligibility for free benefits.


The household must notify the school if it chooses to decline benefits.

All children in households with any household member receiving benefits under Assistance Programs are eligible for free meals.

Children in Other Source Categorically Eligible Programs are also eligible for free meals .

Households should only submit an application if they are not notified of their child(ren)'s eligibility for free meals by a specified date determined by the school.

If any child is not identified and notified as above, the household should contact the child's school.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf: hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form. (AD-3027) found online at:                                                                                                   · laint filing cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(I)          mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington , D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)         fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)          email: pro!rram. inta ke(a) This institution is an equal opportunity provider.